How can you not love Kevin Youkilis? The guy is not built like many lean, strong baseball players of today, yet he still is an amazing contributor on the field. And he’s Jewish. Published in NY Bar. I am thrilled to be published again in the New York State Bar Association Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Journal as co-author of an article titled, “Social Media and Litigation: A Marriage Made in Hyperspace.” The article is not yet on the internet. This week on Forbes, I wrote the following: (1) Lawsuit Against MLB And NHL Asks: Is It Anti-Competitive To Divide Live Game Broadcasts Into Exclusive Territories?; (2) Adrian Peterson Picks Up A $1 Million Bonus On Path To 2,000 Yards; (3) Nike Chairman Phil Knight And His Wife Give $125 Million Gift To Advance Cardiovascular Health; (4) Saints’ Bounty Penalties Vacated By Paul Tagliabue; and (5) Congressional Hearing Focuses On Delay Of HGH Testing In The NFL. And here are some stories I failed to cover in the past week:
- Supposedly on his way to Florida for training [Source: Lattimore will sign with agent Pat Dye Jr., train in Florida].
- “I got paid more in college than I do now in the UFL” [How Maurice Clarett Lost His Way, Bombed Out Of The NFL, Planned A Murder, Missed An Exit, And Found Himself (And Warren Buffett) In Prison].
- Is the ruling from an alternate NFL universe? [Paul Tagliabue Ruling: The NFL Doesn’t Have A Bounty Problem; It Has A Roger Goodell Problem]
- Kyle Rote Jr. will get paid [NY court throws out Morgan Keegan's case against sports agent].
- Most viral sports Tweet was sent by TJ Lang [Sports Twitter: The Year in Review].
- Big business…but still amateurism…right? [Show Me the Money]
- The “we don’t deal with agents” line [Agents say 'Double Standard' puts college coaches in a no-win situation].
- Looking for some legal representation [As Big East Catholic schools prepare to break away, key issues emerge].