I am spending the weekend in what appears to be the blistering hot New York. At least we have rain to cool us down in Miami. Maybe we will get some of that up north as well. While I am up here I will be going to the Jay-Z/Justin Timberlake concert and speaking to the Manhattan Sports Business Academy. This week on FORBES: (1) Locale Of 2013 MLB All-Star Game Will Push Fans To Pay A Premium; and (2) U.S. Government Seeks To Set Internet Poker Free…Through New Regulations. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- For that cozy, personalized experience [The Advantages Of Smaller Agencies].
- Beyonce also appears in Pepsi commercials [Yankees’ Cano Signs Endorsement Deal With Pepsi Through Jay-Z].
- Says the leaks violate the collective bargaining agreement [Scott Boras rips Biogenesis leaks].
- What’s kept many top picks from signing [‘Offset language’ a sign of times in NFL].
- Includes a couple of players from Baylor [SugarTime Announces First Recruiting Class].
- Trevor Ariza is #OnToTheNextOne [Adrian Wojnarowski tweet].
Track and Field
- Regarding positive drug test results for Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson [Agent Blames Trainer for Sprinters’ Failed Drug Tests].
- Newport Sports Management, Inc. in the lead [The World's Most Valuable NHL Agencies].